Sunday 15 July 2012

Sympathizing with people suffering from colour blindness

An account from a writer: 

"As a child and to this day as an adult I have a terrible time in full bright sunlight. I almost never had the chance to go outside on a sunny day without sunglasses as I find the bright light too unbearable. as a child, before I knew all this, I used to always walk with my head pointed down to the ground and I squinted all the time outside. Teachers and other concerned adults always assumed I suffered form low self esteem or some other techo-babble psychological condition, when all it was in the first place was the inability to walk in bright sunlight without experiencing pain in my eyes. To me, the full midday sun is like having a camera flash go on and stay on in my face." 

http://www.start.ca/users/joneil/colour2.htm


ldpride.net
 How can we play our part to help people with colour blindness?

People who suffer from colour blindness tends to develop low self esteem. They are ordinary people like us and have feelings too. DO NOT DISCRIMINATE THEM. Imagine how will you feel like in their shoes not being able to distinguish colours? For example, if you do know someone who is not able to differentiate colours, you should not make fun of them. Instead, you could help them by differentiating for them the different colours. Also, if you do happen to have a sibling who is colour blind, you could help him or her match his/her cloths before attending any occasions.

Experience for yourself what people with colour blidness see!

No comments:

Post a Comment